The demonstration of the iManage Work 10 at the recent iManage ConnectLive event would have left little doubt in the minds of organisations that this latest version truly represents a substantial leap forward in the functionality of document and email management systems. It will enable organisations to address a number of business challenges surrounding mobility, security, total cost of ownership and system adoption.
Specifically, from a user’s perspective, here are the top five reasons why organisations should consider upgrading to Work 10:
- Windows 10 ready – Work 10 fully integrates with Microsoft Office, including Office 365. Users can manage emails, documents, client collaboration and more – all from within their Outlook folders. Most things are merely a click away with Work 10. In fact, Work 10 also integrates with Gmail, Adobe Acrobat and other widely used tools that professionals use to get their job done.
- Enhanced day-to-day mobility – Mobility isn’t merely a requirement of ‘road warriors’ who are often travelling on business, but also of daily commuters who need access to data while on the move between offices. Systems today need to be device agnostic as access to data from anywhere, anytime and from any instrument is key to employee productivity. The new HTML 5 web app in Work 10 enables this.
- Better remote access for satellite offices – Many organisations today have satellite offices and so remote workers need applications that are smart and resilient to high latency. The Work 10 client application uses modern REST APIs to communicate with iManage; which are designed to be light weight and efficient for cloud, remote access and mobile apps so that the lag on the network is minimised.
- Restoring the Trash Bin– How often does it happen that a user accidently deletes an important document? Typically, a lengthy process in other document management systems, Work 10 enables end users to easily restore deleted content with ease, creating a much need safety net for busy and under pressure professionals.
- New security models– Organisations today are guardians of data, and safeguarding this often-confidential information is crucial of course, but additionally now there are crippling regulatory implications too with the new GDPR coming into force in 2018. IT users can set up instantaneous walls based on individuals’ need to know information, to better manage access and authorisations of content. There are new security models in Work 10 that facilitate this.
This list is by no means exhaustive, but gives an idea of why law firms, in-house legal departments and other professional services organisations (e.g. accountancy practices) should consider a move to Work 10. If this is something you are considering, get in touch with us via email@example.com. We can offer a step by step approach to the upgrade, which will reduce the risk of a big bang approach, minimise downtime and ensure the best possible user adoption.